There’s no doubt about it that most of us are experiencing a major travel bug right now, one that has been growing steadily for over a year, as COVID-19 changed our entire world as we know it.
Where do you dream of traveling once you’re able to again? I have my eye on one luxurious, beautiful hotel in Mexico’s Mayan Riviera that is teeming with opportunities for relaxation and pampering that we all are craving so badly right now.
Here are 5 amazing reasons why the Barceló Maya Caribe in Mayan Riviera should be your first post-pandemic vacation choice.
Or, if you’d like to explore all of the Barcelo Maya resort options in the Mayan Riviera, I’ve reviewed all of them in this new blog post:
1) Your Safety is Paramount at Barceló Maya Caribe
The COVID-19 pandemic changed priorities for most travelers, and now the most important thing on our minds while traveling is – “will my partner/family and I be safe and stay healthy at this destination?”
I’m continually impressed with Barcelo’s commitment to the safety and cleanliness of its resorts. Here’s why:
- “We Care About You”, the Barceló Hotel Group’s health and safety program implements cutting-edge protocols and reinforcement measures that comply with the recommendations of the WHO, international organizations such as the WTTC, and the governmental institutions in each of the countries they operate in.
- A health and safety “seal of approval” is given to each of its properties, guaranteeing that the procedures in each property adhere to all of the newest and most up-to-date science and research in safety, health, and hygiene.
JUST A FEW OF THE PRECAUTIONS TAKEN IN EACH AREA OF THE RESORT:
- In the reception area, there is a COVID testing service available. Room key cards are thoroughly sanitized, and available as a digital room card on your phone.
- In each room, an exclusive set of hospital-grade cleaning materials are used, and high-touch objects (such as the TV remote control).
- In the restaurants, the wearing of masks is mandatory (except while seated/eating), spacing of seating is enforced, and buffet server tongs are changed every 15 minutes.
- There is a focus on air purification and natural ventilation in all areas of the resort, and all entertainment and wellness facilities etc. have been adapted to the new safety precautions.
You can learn more about each protocol and procedure taken to ensure your safety in each part of the resort here.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS FOR 65+:
For those aged 65+ (and considered at a higher risk from COVID-19), Barcelo has a special program for safety measures that includes additional precautions, such as:
- Monitoring and personalized service from the hotel staff.
- Priority in the allocation of rooms that offer easy access and are close to the main services of the hotel.
- Availability of healthy food options in restaurants
- Priority in the allocation of tables with easy access and better natural ventilation.
- Priority for room service requests
- Priority allocation of easily accessible sun loungers at the pool
- Adapted entertainment program which prioritizes activities in outdoor areas, small groups and avoids the exchange of materials: digital Bingo, contests through screens, cooking workshops, and much more.
COVID-19 FLEXIBLE CHANGES:
Barcelo also graciously offers fully-flexible changes to those with travel plans affected by COVID-19, which ensures 100% flexibility if you postpone your reservation up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
ON SITE COVID-19 TESTING:
Also, Barcelo offers you the possibility to take a COVID-19 test for returning home right at your hotel (in collaboration with local laboratories). Depending on the partner center being used, they will either provide you with a test kit, or the health staff will come to your hotel. Once the test is completed, you will receive an email or SMS within 24 hours, which will contain your test results and the required certificate to return home without restrictions.
2. Barceló Maya Caribe offers incredible swim-up rooms
You’ve been stuck at home (and potentially on lockdown) for many, many months, and you’re probably thinking about splurging on your next vacation post-pandemic! And after all that we have been through this past year, you definitely deserve a luxurious vacation splurge.
If you haven’t treated yourself to a swim-up room before during vacation, this is a perfect time. Barcelo Maya Caribe offers absolutely incredible Premium Level Suites and Junior Suites that will have you wanting to stay in your room as much as humanly possible, slipping out only to enjoy the sun and swimming pool right at the foot of your patio door.
These spacious and modern Junior Suites offer 592 ft² of luxury. These rooms combine the exclusive location of the Premium Level area with special luxury features, such as a whirlpool tub on the terrace and direct private access to the pool. You will also have a private in-water lounger bed, so you can stay cool in the pool while you soak up the beautiful Mexican sun.
When choosing this option, you will also enjoy a delicious selection of petit fours and a bottle of local sparkling wine on arrival, for a truly unforgettable stay. In addition, you can also enjoy the facilities and services of the stunning Barceló Maya Palace.
3. The food and drinks at Barceló Maya Caribe is to-die-for, and it’s all included!
Barceló Maya Caribe features exquisite cuisine options, including a popular grill-style restaurant, a speciality à la carte restaurant, and a buffet restaurant with plenty of variety for all taste buds and preferences.
Not only that, but guests can enjoy exotic and refreshing drinks made with prestigious brands with the Barceló All-Inclusive program.
And the best part yet: when you stay at Barceló Maya Caribe, you also receive access to the buffets and restaurants at the Barceló Beach, Barceló Colonial and Barceló Tropical hotels! You’re able to go out for any meal you’d like during your trip, all included in your all-inclusive package.
Here’s a summary of each of the offerings right on-site at the Barceló Maya Caribe resort:
Caribe buffet restaurant:
Specializing in international cuisine, this restaurant offers an exquisite variety of dishes to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7 am to 10:30 am
Lunch: 12:30 pm to 3 pm
Dinner: 6:30 pm to 10 pm